Bookaholic’s Wanted – Write for Us
Come Write For Us, Bookkaholic!
Launching March 11th, 2013
Bookkaholic is an online magazine dedicated to providing online readers with quality, interesting, unique, and humorous content about books, book trends, the book industry, and reading in general. We love reading, and discovering new books, and we think there a lot of other people out there who do, too. We’re
In addition to articles about books, we offer honest and unbiased book reviews. We are especially interested in reviews of books published by independent publishing houses, or those that are self-published.looking for writers who take joy in reading, and want to share their enthusiasm. Articles about the death of publishing, or how nobody reads anymore probably aren’t a good fit for us. Articles discussing the top ten funniest books you’ve ever read, or an interview with an undiscovered new writer probably are. How can you creatively write for us?
· We are passionate about reading and writing.
· We are a team of writers working together.
· We are constantly seeking out new ways to bring readers great content about books.
· We want to challenge people’s beliefs about books.
· We write new articles that entertain and excite readers.
· We write honest and unbiased articles and reviews.
· We publish great cartoons that make you smile or make you think.
What Can You Write About?
We are looking for great articles that somehow relate to books: writing, reading, movies based on books, etc. Within that framework, our goal is to give our writers the freedom to write about topics that interest them. If you’ve got a great idea about books, then we want to hear it!
Our magazine is organized into columns. When you pitch your ideas, please tell us where you think they would fit:
· What We Are Reading: A column about books that we love (or love to hate), including reviews, essays, and book discussions.
· Fresh Ink: General articles and interviews related to books, reading, and writing.
· Book Debate: Written conversations between two writers discussing the merits of a book, or another book related topic.
· The Blurbs: Funny, over the top reviews (positive or negative) that are 3 sentences or less. Our writers start a blurb on a selected book, and readers are then encouraged to respond with their own blurbs for the same book.
· Book Trailers: These videos, some created by us and some by authors, give our readers a fun preview of new books. Let us know if you want to help create trailers, or know of any that we should be posting.
· Help Me, Bookkaholic!: Our version of an advice column. Readers write in with their book-related questions, and we do our best help. If you’d like to be a guest advice-giver, let us know!
How Do You Get Paid?
Bookkaholic authors get to share 60% of the ad revenues from the magazine. In order to be a paid author, you must contribute between four and sixteen articles to our site each month (one or two a week). At the end of each month, 50% of the revenues are shared among everyone based on the number of articles that each person wrote. The remaining 10% of author money is reserved for the top 2 articles each week, based on the number of article views.
All payments are processed via Paypal, on the 5th of each month. We are open to showing you how the payments work, so let us know if you want more details during any given month. Write for us and we’ll ensure you are growing as a writer and becoming a better reader.
How to Apply
To apply, send an email to main (at) bookkaholic (dot) com and provide 3 writing samples (links are fine), list any websites or magazines where you are currently writing, one book debate topic you’d love to be in on and 1-3 unique pitches for Bookkaholic’s current columns or new columns you’d write. Include the subject line ‘Bookkaholic Writer’.